Innovation and Invention Award (IIA)
Professional / Higher Institution Students
Local : RM500
International : USD250
Junior Innovation Award
Primary School: 7–12 years old
Local : RM300
International : USD150
Youth Innovation Award
Secondary School: 13–17 years old
Including local Vokasional and Polytechnic Institution
Student entries may only be submitted in the student category at the student price. If you wish to be judged as a professional, you will be charged the professional entry fee (Category A).
The jury and/or organizers have the right to move entries among categories to the benefit of the entry.
Local : RM300
International : USD150
iMTE2021 – TnC
Terms and Conditions
- All applications must be the original work of those making the submission.
- Maximum number of a group member is TEN (including the leader). RM50/USD15 is charged for one additional person.
- Participants must submit an abstract in English
- Submission is only valid once the payment has been made.
- Please make sure names printed on Registration Form are in order as you wish to appear on award certificate (if any award is won).
- Any request of amendment will be charge:
- Names: RM50/USD15 per name
- Title: RM50/USD15 per word
- Machinery, Equipment and Tools (Heavy Equipment, Industrial Machinery)
- Manufacturing Process and Advance Materials
- Telecommunications, Infrastructure and Broadcast
- Information and communication technologies (ICT)
- Audio Visual, Optics & Computer Generated Imagery
- Consumer Electronics
- Aviation and Transportation
- Building and Architecture
- Safety & Security
- Agriculture, Livestock & Horticulture, Aquaculture and Fisheries
- Healthcare, Personal Care Technology, Biotechnology and Life Sciences
- Sports, Leisure, Recreational Equipment, Active Wear, Wearable
- Protection of the Environment, Energy, Water, Wastewater Sanitation & Green Technology
- Industrial and Product Design, Web Interface Design & Printing Technology
- Education Technology & Pedagogy
- Crisis Management
- Abstract must be in one paragraph only consist of 250-400 words.
- Abstract must be written in English and free of spelling and grammar mistake.
- A good abstract contains a background, problem statement, objective, novelty, benefits to society, and etc.
- Poster size is A1 (portrait).
- Names of Project
- Leader, Project Members & Institution
- A good poster contains: Introduction/Background; Problem Statement; Objectives; Novelty; Benefit to the user; Benefit to the society; Commercialization potential; Awards/recognition received
- Video must be uploaded in the YouTube channel. Please set the privacy setting to ‘UNLISTED’ if you want to restrict the audience to those who has the link only.
- Submit your video link to email@example.com. Following the submission of the video link, the presenter should add following information to the mail content:
- Title of the project
- Reference number
- Name of the leader
- Please make sure that the video are:
- Clear sound and lighting
- Minimum background noise
- We suggest you to emphasis on the evaluation criteria as shown in item ‘ Poster Guideline: A good poster contains …’.
- A clear and creative video presentation may give a good impression to the juries.
- VIDEO DURATION IS STRICTLY LIMIT TO 5 MINUTES ONLY.
- The deadline to submit the video link is on 7 June 2021.
- Online judgement is available for any participant that opt for this session
- The exact online platform, date and time will be advised later
- The jury will evaluate entries submitted in the entry forms, abstract, poster, video and online interview (if relevant).
- Jurors may request for more information at any time to support validation which might include online interviews, emails or telephone calls.
- Interviews and communications between participants and jurors will be conducted in English.
- The jury’s decisions are final.
Registration and Payment
- Registration form must be submitted no later than midnight 24 May 2021 (GMT +8) with payment. There will be no extensions granted under any circumstances.
- Payment can be made after receiving the acceptance letter. If you did not receive it, please check the email in the spam folder.
- Fees are not refundable.
- The method of payment are: Cash Deposit / Bank Transfer / ePerolehan
- Bank Name: CIMB Islamic Bank Berhad
- Bank Account Number: 86-0394928-8
- Bank Account Name : Persatuan Saintis Penyelidik Malaysia
- Swift Code: CIBBMYKL
- Bank Address: Lot 1.04 & 1.05, Level 1, Wisma UNIKEB, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details to be noted: i-MTE 2021
Medals and Certificates
- All medals and certificates will be shipped to the winners.
- One entry is entitle to received one medal and one certificate for free of charge.
- If any additional medals and certificates are required, participants need to pay as follows:
- Medals at RM80/USD30*
- Certificate at RM20/USD5*
*price of postage will be varies depending on quantities of order
Results will be announced during the virtual event, the exact date and time will be advised closer to the event